Saturday, February 18, 2017

3 James Evertsen BFA: Mountain Lion. Brotherly Love. Wire. Tissue paper

I really enjoy making things out of other materials This was my first time working with wire and my first time attempting to sculpt a recognizable subject. 
I do like how I produced gestured form throughout, 
yet I feel it looks to animated for the mountain lion that 
I was modeling from and aiming to reproduce.


For another recent project that I created in Sculpture class,
I used an image of my boys expressing compassion. 
I wanted to use the least amount of material as possible to help illustrate this scene. 
For their innocence I painted it all white. 
I left it hollow to give a sense of their youth and growth.
 I wanted their hearts to be bold and prominent so I gave it color.

No comments:

Post a Comment